Sign below and show your support for a healthy Colorado River!
By endorsing these core values, western Colorado expresses its resolve for smart water management and protection of healthy rivers and healthy communities on the West Slope of Colorado. The Core Values signature list was presented to the Colorado Water Conservation Board in November 2014 requesting that the Values be reflected in the Colorado Water Plan (CWP). Thanks to the 635 signatories representing elected officials, businesses, organizations and individuals who supported this effort. The CWP will not be final until December of 2015 so we will be seeking additional signatures throughout the rest of the year. If you haven’t already, please consider supporting the Values by becoming a signatory.
- Cooperation, Not Conflict: Work together to ensure the Colorado River is able to meet our diverse needs, from agriculture to recreation and tourism. Cooperation is the key to sustaining our present and growing our future.
- Protect Our Quality of Life: Maintain our open spaces through a vigorous agricultural sector and ensure that our rivers and streams are flowing and healthy.
- Modernize Irrigation: Upgrade our aging irrigation infrastructure systems to make them more productive, economical, and habitat-friendly.
- Innovative Management: Explore new ways to meet our water supply needs through innovative conservation and management practices.
- Keep Our Rivers at Home: Leave water in its home basins and oppose new, large scale, river-damaging transbasin diversions of water from the Colorado River to the Front Range.