Sign below and show your support for a healthy Colorado River!
By endorsing these core values, western Colorado expresses its resolve for smart water management and protection of healthy rivers and healthy communities on the West Slope of Colorado. These core values should also be reflected in water planning efforts such as the state water plan that Governor Hickenlooper has ordered be completed by December 2014. Signing these core values tells Colorado’s water leaders that the state water plan must support the health of the Colorado River and the communities, businesses and families that depend on it.
- Cooperation, Not Conflict: Work together to ensure the Colorado River is able to meet our diverse needs, from agriculture to recreation and tourism. Cooperation is the key to sustaining our present and growing our future.
- Protect Our Quality of Life: Maintain our open spaces through a vigorous agricultural sector and ensure that our rivers and streams are flowing and healthy.
- Modernize Irrigation: Upgrade our aging irrigation infrastructure systems to make them more productive, economical, and habitat-friendly.
- Innovative Management: Explore new ways to meet our water supply needs through innovative conservation and management practices.
- Keep Our Rivers at Home: Leave water in its home basins and oppose new, large scale, river-damaging transbasin diversions of water from the Colorado River to the Front Range.